Today’s Deadly Destination is from Rachel Harris‘s Alessandra D’Angeli on Modern day Beverly Hills, told from a 16th century girl’s POV from A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES, My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2 (published on August 6, 2013 by Entangled Teen). Want to win a copy? Enter via the widget below.
Alessandra D’Angeli’s Tips for Traveling into the Future
When calling upon the stars for your own time-travel adventure into the future, the following list may prove useful
1. Be sure to ask your gypsy-girl for as much information as possible—This may appear quite obvious, but I assure you, when peculiar noises begin emanating from outside, and your heart gallops inside your chest, your primary concern will be discovery…or perhaps fleeing. But knowledge of where she has sent you is essential if you do not wish to flounder your first few minutes in a new time, coming across like a deranged young maiden. It is possible I have experience with this.
2. When you receive your cryptic message, ask for it in writing—Truthfully, had Reyna written my message on parchment, it may not have helped that much. I did memorize it quite thoroughly. However, it is not so much the writing as the chance to post it in your bedchamber so you can see it and ponder it often. Had I done that, perhaps I would not have been as likely to misinterpret an important clue.
3. Hire a personal shopper—Under no circumstances do I recommend entering the land twenty-first century teenagers call a shopping mall. It is loud, chaotic, and contains clothing so scandalous you may as well choose to go without any at all. An added tip: stay far, far away from thongs. Trust me on this.
4. Hooters—Contrary to the name of the establishment, the image on the building, and the cheerful orange décor, this is not an owl shop.
5. Contractions—Blending in with your peers is crucial to the success of your experience, and to do so, you must learn the nuances of their speech. This includes contractions such as I’m and can’t and gonna. It also includes a whole list of words that you may think you know, but have evolved to mean something quite different, for instance, tool and sick and hot.
And finally, and perhaps the most important:
6. Gentlemen—Contrary to what you may first believe, gentlemen do exist in the future. You just have to patiently wait and look beneath the surface. And if a particularly exasperating, infuriating, non-chivalrous young man completely drives you mad, do not despair. It is possible you have just found the most special one of them all.
1 copy of A Tale of Two Centuries
Available on August 6, 2013 by Entangled Teen
Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.
One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the future. Surrounded by confusing gadgets, scary transportation, and scandalous clothing, Less is hesitant to live the life of a twenty-first century teen…until she meets the infuriating—and infuriatingly handsome—surfer Austin Michaels. Austin challenges everything she believes in…and introduces her to a world filled with possibility.
With the clock ticking, Less knows she must live every moment of her modern life while she still can. But how will she return to the drab life of her past when the future is what holds everything she’s come to love?
Read an excerpt
Enter the giveaway via the widget below – Open to US
Click below for more Deadly Destinations
About the author
- Deadly Destinations: Gina Rosati & win AURACLEAugust 8, 2012