Today’s Deadly Destination is from Brittany Geragotelis‘s Hadley Bishop on the witching world of LIFE’S A WITCH (published on July 9, 2013 by Simon & Schuster). Want to win a copy? Enter via the widget below.
Hadley’s 10 Rules to Surviving an Evil Coven Attack
- Assume there’s always a traitor in your midst. You want to be able to trust all your coven members and that tall, dark and handsome guy who just happened to show up out of nowhere, but let’s be honest—nobody is who they seem.
- Fashion is your friend. Just because you’re rolling around in the dirt with bad guys, doesn’t mean you have to look drab doing it. A fabulous pair of heels can double as deadly weapons and pleather pants will intimidate even the worst evil villain. Distractions come in all forms.
- It’s all about power. Whether it’s getting it or keeping it, people are obsessed with power. It’s the motivation for almost all wars, fights and arguments. The sooner you recognize that, the better off you’ll be.
- Death is just the beginning. Some people die, but never really leave us, while others opt to offer really cryptic advice that just ends up confusing us. And then there are those who simply refuse to die at all. Those are the worst kinds. See what the dead can offer, but try not to end up like them.
- The mall can be a dangerous place. And not just because you can rack up an epic credit card bill within an hour. Apparently it can be a great place for a mid-day brawl. Because evil witches will whip out their magic in public.
- Pay attention in (witch) school. Homework can be a drag, but sometimes what you’re taught in the classroom can actually come in handy. Like explosion spells and the truth behind the Salem Witch Trials… There’s almost always a pop-quiz when you least expect it, and trust me, you’ll want to pass.
- Beware of boys. The cuter they are, the bigger the trouble.
- Listen to your elders. If your parents are telling you to prepare for the impending apocalypse, you might just want to listen. Because if you don’t, the worst thing isn’t going to be hearing “I told you so.”
- Cheerleaders kick ass. Seriously. We’re nimble, quick, athletic, smart, acrobatic and super strong. Plus, we’re incredible leaders who can perform high-kicks that will make your head spin. Every coven should have a head cheerleader on their team.
- Always have a sassy comeback. Nothing will stop your enemy short like a clever quip. It’s like trash talk for the modern femme fatale. If you have the final word, you’re likely to make it to the final round.
Brittany Geragotelis, a former Olympic-bound gymnast and magazine editor, is a self-professed pop culture junkie turned author. Her paranormal action book, Life’s a Witch, received 19 million reads on the writing site Wattpad, before she sold the series to Simon & Schuster. Life’s a Witch is her second published book. Brittany currently lives in New York City with her husband Matt, and two cats, Murray and Cohen. Visit her at www.brittanygeragotelis.com.
One autographed copy of LIFE’S A WITCH
Available on July 9, 2013 by Simon & Schuster
Hadley’s the envy of every girl—and the desire of every guy. But being at the top of the social pyramid has its drawbacks. Hadley’s always kept her frenemies close and her secrets closer—one big secret in particular. Her key to magically having it all is that she’s an actual witch.
As a descendant of the first woman executed in the Salem Witch Trials, Hadley understands the consequences if her secret gets out. The only ones who know about her powers are members of her coven—other kids and parents who, like Hadley’s own family, have magic in their blood. But there’s no way to cover up an attack that causes every adult in the coven to vanish. All the evidence points to an age-old rival coven as the culprit. Now it’s up to Hadley to lead the young witches against the Parrishables and to rescue their missing parents. At the same time, she’s caught up in her feelings for a mysterious guy named Asher, who has plenty of secrets of his own. With everything at stake, can Hadley trust her magic—and her heart?
Watch Book Trailer
Enter the giveaway via the widget below – Open to US only