A big welcome to Kait Ballenger who is here to share several Fun Facts about the Hunters of the Execution Underground…Some That You May Not Find in the Books and celebrating the release of AFTER DARK, Shadow Hunter #0.5 (published on June 25, 2013 by Harlequin HQN) along with Gena Showalter. Want to win a copy? Enter via the widget below.
Fun Facts about the Hunters of the Execution Underground…Some That You May Not Find in the Books
As a debut author, if there’s one thing I’ve learned about blog tours it’s that–and no offense to bloggers on this one–authors hear A LOT of similar questions over and over again. This isn’t a problem for us, since most authors love to talk about their work. However, when I was thinking about the topic for this guest posting and the things I’ve been sharing at all the different blogs along my tour, I thought, ‘I’ve said lots about the Execution Underground novels and my process in writing the series, but what I haven’t shared is some of the things that you don’t, and probably never will, see in the books.’ So I thought I’d share some fun facts with you about the hunters of the Rochester division of the Execution Underground, some things that that you will probably never see discussed in the series.
Hero of Twilight Hunter (releasing Aug. 27th)
1. You’d never know from the way he talks and behaves, but werewolf hunter Jace McCannon has an extremely high IQ. Based on the grades he received in high school, you wouldn’t think so. But as those of you who’ve read Twilight Hunter know, Jace has a problem with authority figures and being told what to do. In the Execution Underground mental testing scores, Jace scored surprisingly high—specifically in the 91% percentile. Does that mean he’s going to speak using proper grammar? No. Does that mean he’s going to behave like in intelligentsia gentlemen? No. But, in his words, it sure does help him “get his f**king job done”. Just goes to show you: don’t judge a book, or its characters, by their nasty mouths.
2. Jace and demon hunter/exorcist David Aronowitz have been friends since high school. Jace lived in Honeyoe Falls and David lived in Brighton. Though they aren’t in the same school zone, both areas are considered to be subdivisions of the greater Rochester area. Jace rode to Brighton for school every morning, where his mom worked for a maid-service during the day. David and Jace first met when trying out for the school football team. Both of them made the cut—David as a linebacker and Jace as a quarterback. But Jace was quickly kicked from the team after he was caught pantless with the coach’s daughter under the bleachers…and pretty much the rest of the cheerleading squad, but not all at one time, of course.
Hero of Immortal Hunter (releasing late Jan 2014)
1. In case you couldn’t tell from his last name, demon hunter David Aronowitz is Jewish. He’s of Israeli descent and actively practices his faith, which he uses in his rituals to kill and exorcize demons.
2. Though David’s favorite hobby by far is riding his Harley Superglide, he enjoys reading—in private—and that was one of the things that he and Allsún, the heroine of Immortal Hunter, bonded over when their relationship first began.
Shane Gray, PhD.
Hero of Book Three (releasing late June 2014)
1. Dr. Shane Gray, occult specialist and witch hunter, was born and raised in Las Vegas and is the son of a well-known Vegas showgirl.
2. He’s an absolute expert at counting cards.
3. Shane acts as the technician for the division and handles all of the electronics and technology for the team. He does this mostly from the comfort of his grandmother’s home in Rochester, but don’t let Shane fool you, because when he gets out on the streets he’s just as capable of kicking ass as any of the other hunters.
Ashley (Ash) Devereaux
Hero of Book Four
1. Ash Devereaux, ghost medium and poltergeist hunter, suffers from P.T.S.D and is a slow speaking southerner who is originally from New Orleans.
2. Ash is an extremely good cook and his specialty, of course, is Cajun dishes. For him: the spicier the better.
3. He drenches all of his food in Tabasco sauce.
Hero of Book Five
1. Trent Garrison, who specializes in hunting non-werewolf shapeshifters, is a former soldier in the U.S Army. He served in Afghanistan for two years.
2. Though he considers himself American, he is of Latino descent and his parents were born and raised in El Salvador.
Hero of Shadow Hunter in the After Dark anthology and Dark Hunter book six
1. Last, but certainly not least Damon Brock the vampire hunter who’s musical guilty pleasure is listening to classic musicians, such as Chopin and Debussy, and who thinks the jazz era was greatly underappreciated.
2. When Damon was a teenager he briefly dreamed of the possibilities his life would take on if he didn’t become a vampire hunter—as a legacy from a long line of vampire hunters before him, he was destined for this—but ultimately he chose that protecting humanity was more important.
3. Though he may not seem like the most hopeful person or character and he doesn’t attend church regularly, he’s deeply in touch with his Catholic faith.
Two copies of After Dark signed by Kait and Gena
Available on June 25, 2013 by Harlequin HQN
A timeless seduction. A unique temptation. And a whole world of dark desires…
From New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter
The Darkest Angel
Winged warrior Lysander has been alive for centuries, and yet he’s never known desire-until he meets Bianka. Spawned from the bloodline of his enemy, the beautiful but deadly Harpy is determined to lead the untouched Lysander into temptation. He may try to evade her attempts, but even the most iron-willed demon assassin can resist for only so long….
And from debut author Kait Ballenger
Vampire hunter Damon Brock’s first assignment with the Execution Underground is Rochester, New York, a city crawling with the undead. But he isn’t the only hunter in town gunning for vamp blood. Tiffany Solow is fierce and ruthless when it comes to slaying the monsters that destroyed her family-and she works solo. But being alone is no longer so desirable when she meets the mysterious hunter who wants more than just her turf. As they work to massacre the local covens, the line between good and evil blurs when they are forced to decide between their lifelong beliefs… and their new found hearts.
Enter the giveaway via the widget below – Open to US/CA only
Interested in being a guest on All Things Urban Fantasy? Fill out our Guest Request Form
About the author
- Deadly Destinations: Gina Rosati & win AURACLEAugust 8, 2012