A big welcome to Susannah Sandlin who is here to telling us about Penton: The Secret Histories and celebrating the release of ALLEGIANCE, Penton Legacy #4 (published on June 10, 2014 by Montlake Romance). Want to win your choice of the Penton Legacy books? Enter via the widget below.
Penton: The Secret Histories
If you’ve read any of the Penton Legacy series so far, you know that all the hot guys and their significant others have plenty of baggage in their past. But their futures have some challenges too. Here are a few teasers of what might be in store for them:
Cage Reynolds (hero of ALLEGIANCE, book four, out this week):
- What we know: Cage was a psychiatrist in his human life, was turned vampire while serving with the British Army during World War II, came to Penton representing the UK vampire tribunal leader in order to see if the system could be replicated in England, went undercover with the bad guys and made a harrowing escape.
- What might surprise you: How Cage was turned, or, more accurately, the circumstances. He wasn’t just a soldier but one of Churchill’s secret operatives. Let’s just say being turned vampire was probably the best thing that could’ve happened in his situation.
- What might amuse you: Cage hasn’t driven since 1944, and modern cars kind of freak him out.
Aidan Murphy (hero of REDEMPTION, book one):
- What we know: Aidan, turned during the Battle of Kinsale in 1600 Ireland, was a farmer in his human life. He tends to overthink things, but is honest and fair and good-hearted. He deserves the loyalty the vampires and humans of Penton have pledged to him.
- What might surprise you: In Allegiance, Aidan will be pushed to his limits, and we’ll find out just how tough he can be if he has to.
- What might amuse you: Aidan, who’s spent the first three books with beautiful shoulder-length chestnut-brown hair, is trying to look more businesslike. It’s not working for him.
Mirren Kincaid (hero of ABSOLUTION, book two):
- What we know: In his human life, Mirren was a Scottish-born galloglass warrior, and still has his battle ax, his leather tunic, and his sword named Faolain. In the first three centuries of his vampire life, he was an assassin for the Tribunal and known as The Slayer.
- What might surprise you: Something happens to Mirren in Allegiance that scares him. Really freaks him out in a big way. And if you know Mirren, the man doesn’t scare easily.
- What might amuse you: Despite his artistic skills, Mirren’s handwriting is virtually illegible. People are having to get translations from his mate.
Will Ludlam (hero of OMEGA, book three):
- What we know: Will is the only son of the series’ Big Bad Ugly, Matthias Ludlam, and was turned by his father in the 1960s when he was only 21 years old. He’s pretty on the outside and scarred on the inside, but his smarts and loyalty to Aidan are beyond question.
- What might surprise you: Vampires heal anything, right? Not so much. Will was left after the events of Omega with a lasting injury that will impact what he will be able to do in the future.
- What might amuse you: This is Will, right? The man is funny. He doesn’t even need an excuse.
So there you have it—a little sneak peek into the world of Allegiance. Which hint do you find most intriguing?
Susannah Sandlin is a native of Winfield, Alabama, and has worked as a writer/editor in educational publishing in Alabama, Illinois, Texas, California, and Louisiana. She currently lives in Auburn, Alabama, with two rescue dogs named after professional wrestlers (it was a phase). She has a no-longer-secret passion for Cajun music, Canadian French pop music, and reality TV. She’s single and is on the hunt for a longhaul Ice Road Trucker who also hunts gators.
As Suzanne Johnson, she writes the Sentinels of New Orleans urban fantasy series.
Winner’s choice of a book from the Penton Legacy series
Allegiance by Susannah Sandlin
Available on June 10, 2014 by Montlake Romance
British vampire psychiatrist and former mercenary Cage Reynolds returns to Penton, Alabama, looking for a permanent home. The town has been ravaged by the ongoing vampire war and the shortage of untainted human blood, and now the vampires and humans that make up the Omega Force are trying to rebuild. Cage hopes to help the cause, put down roots in Penton, and resolve his relationship with Melissa Calvert. The last thing he expects is an attraction to Robin Ashton, a trash-talking eagle shape-shifter and new Omega recruit.
Meanwhile, as a dangerous saboteur wreaks havoc in Penton, the ruthless Vampire Tribunal leader Matthias Ludlam has been freed on the eve of his scheduled execution. But by whom? And to what end? As war and chaos rage on, love is the last thing Cage is looking for, but will his attraction to Robin distract him from the danger living among them?(
Enter the giveaway via the widget below – Open to anywhere Book Depository ships
Interested in being a guest on All Things Urban Fantasy? Fill out our Guest Request Form