*This title will be released on June 12, 2012*
by Myra McEntire
Genre: Paranormal YA | Excerpt: No
Reviewed by: Abigail | Source: Netgalley
Good – A fun read with minor flaws. Maybe read an excerpt before buying.
+ Sexual Content
Kissing and mild sensuality. References to sex.
TIMEPIECE, the second book in Myra McEntire’s Hourglass series, picks up shortly after the events from the previous book. Despite what the cover implies, Emerson is not the protagonist this time, Kaleb is. It’s quite a shift and it did take me quite a while to adjust. Even then, I would have preferred to have Emerson tell this tale as I really missed her voice.
That being said, McEntire has captured an authentic male voice with Kaleb, and his romance with Lily was my favorite part of TIMEPIECE. Kaleb is a womanizing jerk for most of the book and it was a lot of fun to watch him struggle to shed that side of him. Unfortunately, that focus relegated Emerson and Michael to mere shadows of the characters they were in HOURGLASS. They flitted in and out of scenes with almost no impact.
While I warmed up to Kaleb as a character, the actual plot this time wasn’t as compelling. It felt like a lot of running around just to kill time until the end, and I will warn you that it’s a cliffhanger. Details are scant about INFINITYGLASS, the third book in the Hourglass series. It will be out in 2013, but no word on who the protagonist will be. I’m hoping for Emerson.
+ Titles in Series
- Hourglass – 4/5
About the author
- Review: Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampires #2) by Larissa IoneSeptember 26, 2014
- Review: Ghost Layer (Ghost Seer, #2) by Robin D. OwensSeptember 25, 2014
- Review: Wanted: Wild Thing (Midnight Liaisons, #4) by Jessica SimsSeptember 22, 2014
- Review: Haunted (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #15) by Kay HooperSeptember 18, 2014
- Deadly Destinations: Gina Rosati & win AURACLEAugust 8, 2012