Happy Mother’s Day! While it’s true that most urban fantasy heroines tend to fly solo, there are a handful that manage to balance supernatural smack downs and motherhood.
Top 5 Urban Fantasy moms
Charlie Madigan (mother of Emma) from the Charlie Madigan series by Kelly Gay
Cass Dollar (mother of Ruthie) from the Aftertime series by Sophie Littlefield
Alexandra Tarabotti (mother of Prudence) from the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger
Elena Michaels (mother of twins Logan and Katherine) from the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
Mel Saka (mother of Harmony) from the Amazon series by Lori Devoti
And a few that may not have given birth to the kids in their lives, but have taken on an active role in raising them:
- Kate Daniels (guardian of Julie) from the Kate Daniels series by Illona Andrews
- Mercy Thompson (stepmother of Jesse) from the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
- Arcadia Bell (dating the father of Jupe) from the Arcadia Bell series by Jenn Bennett
Who are some of your favorite urban fantasy moms?
About the author
- Cover Art Coverage: 13 New Titles!July 9, 2014
- Deadly Destinations: Gina Rosati & win AURACLEAugust 8, 2012