We’re glad to welcome debut author Amanda Carlson today and tell you a little about her new urban fantasy series coming soon from Orbit. FULL BLOODED (Jessica McClain #1) releases in September, but BLOODED: A JESSICA MCCLAIN novella is out now to whet your appetite. Amanda is sharing about something we most definitely have in common here on ATUF: reading too much Urban Fantasy. Any of these sound familiar to you?
You can read all the previous Top 10 Lists HERE
Top 10 signs you may be reading too much Urban Fantasy
10) When you can’t sleep at night, you blame it on the full moon.
9) You’re convinced the checkout lady at the drugstore is a witch, because you always manage to forget one thing on your list.
8) When your neighbor comes home late, you make sure his garage light goes off in a reasonable amount of time and no bloody footprints lead into the house.
7) When you go on a girl’s weekend with your pals, you opt to share one room, not because it’s cheaper, but so the dark fae won’t be tempted to visit.
6) You’re convinced Sookie and Eric actually exist and plan on spending your next vacation in Bon Temps, LA.
5) When you see a hot guy, no matter where he is, you wait for his eyes to spark.
4) When you’re in a stressful situation, you clench your fists and wait for your “powers” to hit.
3) Every time you open the mail you hope your “Prophesy” has some how found you.
2) When you dress up for a night out, you imagine it morphing into leather later, so you’ll get to kick some ass.
1) When you go out into the sun, you check your skin to make sure you’re not sparkling.
About the author:
Amanda is a Minnesota girl, born and bred. She started writing stories about teenage girls and their social missteps while in high school. She’s been writing for over ten years, but began writing fiction in earnest after her second child was born.
Her book, Full Blooded, is a face-paced, action filled urban fantasy, the first in the Jessica McClain series. It will be released by Hachette Book Group by both ORBIT US & UK SEPT 2012. Full Blooded is her first novel. She lives in Minneapolis, with her husband and three kids.
BLOODED: A JESSICA MCCLAIN NOVELLA by Amanda Carlson
Available now from Orbit
Jessica McClain was born the only female in an all male race. The only problem is-she’s no wolf. Called a curse, a witch and the Daughter of Evil by the superstitious wolves, Jessica decides to fight for her freedom, at age nineteen, the only way she can-in the ring. When she’s brutally attacked right after her fight, is it enough to finally earn her freedom off Compound, or will she be forced to endure the hatred even longer . . .
Interested in guest blogging on All Things Urban Fantasy? Fill out our Guest Request Form