We’re happy to welcome back Jennifer L. Armentrout to the blog just days before the release of her Lux series prequel, SHADOWS (available on February 21st from Entangled Publishing). If you are new to the Lux series, check out Julia’s swooning review of the first book, OBSIDIAN and it’s ultimate bad boy hero Daemon. SHADOWS features a brand new bad boy to fall for: Daemon’s twin brother Dawson. If you are thinking these otherworldly alphas are vampires, think again. One look at the description and my former obsession with Jason Behr from Roswell came back with a vengeance. Want to find out for yourself? Check out the giveaway below where three of you will win a copy of the first Lux novel, OBSIDIAN!
Why are aliens better than vampires, weres, and other creatures that go bump in the night?
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Like any lover of the paranormal genre, I love me some vamps, shifters, and other spooky supernatural creatures, but sometimes people forget that aliens are really just another ‘otherworldly’ creature and not just for the sci-fi lovers out there, but also the paranormal ones. So here is my list to why (completely bias) aliens are better than normal supernatural creatures:
- Aliens aren’t in every book you read. There’s something fresh and new about them.
- Aliens can have a whole array of extraordinary abilities not limited to what you already know due to existing myths. Aliens can pretty much do anything you want.
- Aliens are from outer space, not a cave or woods or Transylvania. How cool is that?
- Aliens, at least mine, can be extremely beautiful to see in their “true” skin. Something exotic and definitely not of this world.
- Aliens are probably going to be way more intelligent than us. So the villains are bigger and badder. Smarter. Also, when you’re dealing with an alien race, enemies are going to be everyone. Not just a rogue shifter eating humans or whatever, but the stakes are high. There’s exposure, government agencies, other aliens, humans freaking out, etc.
- And aliens can be sexy, too. Not the giant brain eating bug kind of aliens, but some aliens can give an alpha vamp male a run for his money. *Cough* Daemon. *Cough*
Disclaimer: I love vamps, shifters, weres, angels, gods, etc. I write about them too. Heh.
About the Author
Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki.
Visit Jennifer online:
Want to read more from Jennifer?
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.
Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.
Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence…and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.
About the author
- Giveaway: Ante Up by Amanda CarlsonAugust 27, 2014
- Review: Storm Siren (Storm Siren #1) by Mary WeberAugust 25, 2014
- Deadly Destinations: Gina Rosati & win AURACLEAugust 8, 2012