Jennifer L. Armentrout has stopped by today to offer one, free copy of her latest book, OBSIDIAN, and a behind the curtain glimpse of her writing playlist. OBSIDIAN earned 4 Bats here at All Things Urban Fantasy, not the least because of Daemon, the budding alpha hero who pushes all the right “bad boy” buttons, and Katy, the plucky heroine who refuses to be pushed around. I can’t wait to pick up book two in this series, ONYX (May 2012 by Entangled Publishing), but in the meantime, the playlist below has me wanting to enjoy book one all over again. Enjoy!
A Lux Playlist by Jennifer L. Armentrout
A lot of readers are curious when it comes to what music an author listens to when they write. So I’ve compiled a list of songs I listened to or just reminded me of the novel/characters. I’ve also included random notes about the songs. Hope you enjoy!
- Florence and the Machines “Dog Days of Summer” (Happy times and stuff)
- Perfect Circle “Rhythm of the War Drums” (Pretty much any fight scene)
- Civil Twilight “Letters from the Sky” (The one lake scene)
- Katy Perry ft. Kanye West “ET” (Can you guess what chapter I wrote while listening to this?)
- The Civil Wars “Poison and Wine” (Seriously, go listen to this song NOW. Oh, Daemon xoxoxo)
- Adele “Rolling in the Deep” (Yeah, read the last chapter… giggle)
- One Republic “The Good Life” (This song kind of reminds me of the middle of the book)
- Tori Amos “Spark” (Listened while writing some of the Homecoming night stuff)
- Drowning Pool “Bodies” (Pretty much a fight scene song)
- Marilyn Manson “Sweet Dreams” (It’s time to go to the library)
- Hole “Gold Dust Woman” (Okay, so it has nothing to do with the book, but I listened to it)
- Marilyn Manson “Beautiful People” (Man, there’s a creepy amount of good looking peeps in WV)
About the Author
Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki.
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She also writes adult romance under the name J. Rogers.
Want to read more from Jennifer?
Giveaway provided by Entangled Publishing
One eBook copy of OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Available Now by Entangled Publishing.
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a str
anger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don’t kill him first, that is.
Enter the giveaway via the widget below
*You can sign in with just your email or Facebook*
Interested in offering being a guest on All Things Urban Fantasy? CONTACT ME